Blogger Widgets

Monday, June 4, 2012

Sachin Tendulkar takes an Oath in Rajya Sabha

Sachin Tendulkar the master blaster and the cricket legend took oath as a Rajya Sabha member and said he was now in a better position not only to help only cricket but other sports as well.

He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha on April 27, Sachin took his oath in hindi in the chamber of Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.


“It is a great honour to be nominated as a Rajya Sabha member and I thank all for showing faith in me and bestowing this honour,” Sachin told reporters later.

“I believe in the last 22 years of international cricket I have played, cricket has given me so many things in life.
"I always have this dream of giving back to cricket. I strongly believe whatever I am today is because of cricket,” he said. 



“I will be happy if I am remembered as someone who contributed to all sports rather than just to cricket statistics. That will be fantastic,” he said.

"My focus will be on cricket. As and when there is time in between, I will look at other things and see how I can help and bringing whatever changes not just in cricket but other sports too,” he added.


President Pratibha Patil nominated the cricket legend to the Rajya Sabha along with Bollywood actor Rekha and businesswoman Anu Aga.


Sachin Tendulkar with media after Rajya Sabha Oath as MP !! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free and leave your comments !!

Copyright © 2011 Template Doctor . Designed by Malith Madushanka - Cool Blogger Tutorials | Code by CBT | Images by by HQ Wallpapers